On Monday at 8:30 a.m. EST, the Chicago Fed will release its National Activity Index, a monthly index tracking inflation and overall economic activity. The Chicago Fed National Activity Index (CFNAI) is a weighted average tracking 85 different monthly economic indicators, drawn from four different categories of data: 1) production and income; 2) employment, unemployment, and hours; 3) personal consumption and housing; and 4) sales, orders, and inventories. The last CFNAI was released on December 21, 2017, and saw the Index decline to +0.15 in November 2017, down from +0.76 in October.
Here’s what else is scheduled for The Week Ahead.
- Chicago Federal Reserve Bank President Charles Evans to speak at Chicago Council of Global Affairs conference on "The Future of Monetary Policy: Embracing the Unconventional" in Chicago, Illinois, Tuesday, 6:30 p.m. EST
- MBA Mortgage Applications, Wednesday, 7 a.m. EST
- FHFA House Price Index, Wednesday, 9 a.m. EST
- Jobless Claims, Thursday, 8:30 a.m. EST
- Bloomberg Consumer Comfort Index, Thursday, 9:45 a.m. EST
- New Home Sales, Thursday, 10 a.m. EST
- Fed Balance Sheet, Thursday, 4:30 p.m. EST
- Gross Domestic Product, Friday, 8:30 a.m. EST