The National Association of Home Builders (NAHB) will release its Housing Market Index Report on Wednesday, January 17, at 10 a.m. ET. The report provides an outlook for the housing market as well as homebuyer and seller trends. The report is based on a survey in which NAHB members are asked to rate the general economy and housing market conditions. The index is a weighted average of present sales of new homes, sales of new homes expected in the next six months, and traffic of prospective buyers in a new home.
The week's schedule also includes an appearance by Cleveland Federal Reserve Bank President Loretta Mester at the 2018 Department of Economics Tangri Lecture  at Rutgers University on Wednesday. The event in New Brunswick, New Jersey, will feature a discussion of "Monetary Policy in a Time of Change," followed by an audience and media Q&A. It will begin at 4:30 p.m. EST in the Academic Building, Room 1180.
Here’s what else is in store in The Week Ahead.
- MBA Mortgage Applications, Wednesday, 7 a.m. EST
- Beige Book, Wednesday, 2 p.m. EST
- Housing Starts, Thursday, 8:30 a.m. EST
- Jobless Claims, Thursday, 8:30 a.m. EST
- Bloomberg Consumer Comfort Index, Thursday, 9:45 a.m. EST
- Fed Balance Sheet, Thursday, 4:30 p.m. EST
- Michigan University’s Consumer Sentiment Survey, Friday, 10 a.m. EST