On Thursday, February 1, at 10 a.m. EST, the United States Census Bureau will release its monthly Value of Construction Put in Place Survey. Conducted monthly since 1964, the Survey estimates the total dollar value of construction work done in the U.S. in a give month. It covers both new work and improvements to existing buildings.
The previous release of the Survey covered November 2017. Each release tracks residential, nonresidential, and public construction spending, both in seasonally adjusted annual rates and unadjusted rates.
Here’s what else is scheduled for The Week Ahead.
- Personal Income and Outlays, Monday, 8:30 a.m. EST
- S&P Corelogic Case-Shiller HPI, Tuesday, 9 a.m. EST
- Consumer Confidence Index, Tuesday, 10 a.m. EST
- State Street Investor Confidence Index, Tuesday, 10 a.m. EST
- MBA Mortgage Applications, Wednesday, 7 a.m. EST
- ADP Employment Report, Wednesday, 8:15 a.m. EST
- Employment Cost Index, Wednesday, 8:30 a.m. EST
- Treasury Refunding Announcement, Wednesday, 8:30 a.m. EST
- Pending Home Sales Index, Wednesday, 10 a.m. EST
- FOMC Meeting Announcement, Wednesday, 2 p.m. EST
- Jobless Claims, Thursday, 8:30 a.m. EST
- Fed Balance Sheet, Thursday, 4:30 p.m. EST
- San Francisco Fed President John Williams keynote speech to the "Financial Women of San Francisco" in San Francisco, with audience Q&A, Friday, 3:30 p.m. EST