The Federal Open Market Committee (FOMC) and the Federal Reserve Board of Governors Board of Governors are set to convene on Tuesday at 9 a.m. EST, kicking off the latest two-day FOMC meeting. The Board of Governors meet eight times a year to determine the economic situation, assess interest rates, and discuss domestic financial market conditions. The Fed governors are widely expected to announce another interest rate hike at this meeting, following up on the previous hike in December 2017. Experts predict several more rate hikes in 2018.
On Wednesday at 2:30 p.m. EST, Fed Chair Jerome Powell will host a press conference to discuss the findings and announcements of the FOMC meeting.
Here's what else is happening in The Week Ahead.
- MBA Mortgage Applications, Wednesday, 7 a.m. EST
- Atlanta Fed Business Inflation Expectations, Wednesday, 10 a.m. EST
- NAR Existing Home sales report, Wednesday, 10 a.m. EST
- Philadelphia Fed Business Outlook Survey, Thursday, 8:30 a.m. EST
- FHFA House Price Index Thursday, 9 a.m. EST
- Fed Balance Sheet Thursday, 4:30 p.m. EST
- U.S. Census Bureau Housing Starts Survey, Friday, 8:30 a.m. EST