The Federal Reserve  will release its latest Beige Book on this coming Wednesday, April 18, at 2 p.m. EST. The Beige Book  presents a summary of economic conditions and activity, based on reports from the various Fed district banks. As detailed on the official Federal Reserve website, "Each Federal Reserve Bank gathers anecdotal information on current economic conditions in its District through reports from Bank and Branch directors and interviews with key business contacts, economists, market experts, and other sources. The Beige Book summarizes this information by District and sector."
The last Beige Book, released prior to the most recent meeting of the Federal Open Market Committee on March 20-21, found wages increasing in many areas, bolstering the argument for further interest rate hikes that are seen as inevitable throughout 2018 by many analysts.
Here’s what else is happening in The Week Ahead:
- Bank of America Q1 Results Monday 8 a.m. ET
- NAR Housing Market Index, Monday, 10 a.m. ET
- Census Bureau Housing Starts Tuesday, 8.30 a.m ET
- Federal Reserve Vice Chairman for Supervision Governor Randal Quarles Testimony Tuesday, 10 a.m. ET.
- MBA Mortgage Apps Wednesday 7 a.m. ET
- Philadelphia Fed Business Outlook Survey, Thursday, 8:30 a.m. ET
- TransUnion Q1 Results Friday, 8:30 a.m. ET