On Tuesday, May 1, CoreLogic will release the latest installment of its Home Price Insights Report. Tied to CoreLogic’s Home Price Index, the Home Price Insights Report tracks and forecasts home price trends across more than 6,700 ZIP codes, more than a thousand counties, and over 900 core-based statistical areas.
The most recent release of CoreLogic’s Home Price Index (HPI), published on April 3, 2018, and covering the month of February 2018, found that national home prices were up over 52 percent since bottoming out in March 2011. National prices increased 6.7 percent year-over-year, according to the HPI, and CoreLogic Principal Economist Molly Boesel forecasts that they will rise 4.7 percent over the next year. Adjusting for inflation, home prices in February were still 16 percent below their 2006 peak.
Here’s what else is happening in The Week Ahead.
- National Association of Realtors Pending Home Sales Index, Monday, 10 a.m. ET
- Census Bureau Construction Spending Report, Tuesday, 10 a.m. ET
- Ellie Mae Millennial Tracker, Wednesday
- MBA Mortgage Apps, Wednesday, 7 a.m. ET
- Federal Open Market Committee Meeting Announcement, Wednesday, 2 p.m. ET
- Federal Reserve Balance Sheet, Thursday, 4.30 p.m. ET
- Census Bureau Jobs Report, Friday, 8.30 a.m. ET