The Five Star Institute will host various default servicing industry experts at the 2019 Legal League 100 Spring Servicer Summit, to be held May 6-7 at the Adolphus Hotel in Dallas, Texas. The Spring Servicer Summit will bring together representation from mortgage servicers, financial services law firms, and federal government agencies to discuss best practices and policies impacting professional legal services supporting the mortgage industry.
The Spring Summit will begin with an opening address from Legal League 100 Chairman Roy Diaz, after which the day's educational sessions will begin. Topics to be discussed include:
- Critical Developments in Default Litigation
Dive into the latest litigation developments, including the most recent FDCPA litigation, impacting the default industry over the last year. The industry's top financial services attorneys and executives will explore the implications of these cases.
- Unrecorded Loan Modifications and Title Issues in Default Servicing
This panel will discuss the implications of unrecorded loan modifications and various title issues that impact bankruptcy, foreclosure, and REO.
- Building Better Partnerships: Collaborating to Improve Communication
Communicating across multiple departments within a servicing organization, escalation of non-routine issues, and inconsistent practices among servicers can prove to be both challenging and cumbersome. Panelists will discuss strategies for more efficient and effective communication.
- Navigating the Non-Standard Default
This panel will explore complications arising from defaults involving reverse mortgages, balloon mortgages, breach of contract, and various non-monetary defaults.
- The State of the Industry
A panel of respected thought leaders representing the mortgage servicing community gather to discuss the current state of the industry.
Participants and speakers at this year’s Legal League 100 Spring Servicer Summit include representatives from organizations including Carrington Mortgage Services, Citibank, Fannie Mae, Gateway Mortgage Group, JPMorgan Chase, Ocwen Financial Corporation, RoundPoint Mortgage Servicing Corporation, and more.
The Legal League 100, created in collaboration with the Five Star Institute, is a membership group for default servicing law firms and select service providers. The Legal League 100 acts as an advocate on behalf of its members to affect change in the industry from Wall Street to Washington, D.C.
To learn more about the Legal League 100, please visit LegalLeague100.com.
Here's what else is happening in the Week Ahead:
- Senate Banking Committee Hearing “Privacy Rights and Data Collection in a Digital Economy”, Tuesday 10 am EST
- Black Knight Mortgage Monitor, Monday
- CoreLogic Home Price Insights Report, Tuesday
- Five Star Diversity Symposium, Wednesday
- Federal Reserve Consumer Credit, Tuesday, 3 pm EST
- Bureau of Labor Statistics Consumer price index Friday, 8:30 am EST
- April Federal Budget Release, Friday, 2 pm EST