The latest print edition of DS News is nearly here. On July 1, the new print issue will arrive in mailboxes and online, and it's packed to the brim with insightful, exclusive content you need to stay abreast of the latest developments in mortgage and default servicing.
Here's what you can look forward to in the latest edition of DS News magazine.
- "Protecting Borrowers Through Tech" by Phil Britt
New tools are easing the loan handoff from origination to servicing, and helping servicers better predict borrowers who are at risk of default.
- "A Decade Unlike Any Other" by Craig Crabtree
A retrospective on the lessons learned over the last 10 years and a look at what lies ahead.
- "Insuring Against Collapse" by Demetrius Gray
After the subprime meltdown, the industry took a close look at lender-placed insurance guidelines. Now, a new working group is close to unveiling substantial changes to LPI best practices.
- "Saying Hello to Summer" by Andrew Oliverson
A checklist for REO managers to efficiently make properties sale-ready in advance of a busy summer season.
- Ask the Economist - Dr. Lynn Fisher, Resident Scholar and Co-Director of the Center on Housing Markets and Finance, American Enterprise Institute
- Five Minutes With - Courtney Thompson, Director, First Vice President, Default Servicing Operations, Flagstar Bank
- Counsel's Corner - Roy Diaz, Managing Partner, SHD Legal; Neil Sherman, Managing Partner, Schneiderman & Sherman
You'll find all this and more inside the new issue of DS News magazine, available July 1. Once the issue posts, you'll be able to read it in its entirety in our digital archive. You can also explore our library of back issues, and be sure to check out our sister publication, MReport, as well, for stories focused on the lending and origination side of the industry.