The latest print edition of DS News is out now and it's packed to the brim with insightful, exclusive content you need to stay abreast of the latest developments in default servicing and mortgage.
Here's what you can look forward to in the October edition of DS News magazine.
- "The Zombie Plague" by David Wharton
Even as the housing market booms, vacant and abandoned “zombie properties” continue to plague many municipalities, lingering reminders of the housing crisis. Here’s how the industry and communities around the nation are working together to take down these zombies.
- "Unforeseen Consequences" by Jeff Dickstein
A decade after the housing market’s collapse, some anticipated and unanticipated impacts of the Dodd-Frank Act on the appraisal industry are beginning to be felt.
- "Opportunity Knocks" by Al Freedman
Seeking and recognizing opportunities and strategies to expand a real estate brokerage business.
- "Back to Basics" by Michelle Garcia Gilbert
Learn about how the Bureau of Consumer Financial Protection has embraced a new name and path that puts less emphasis on regulatory enforcement and more on education and innovation.
- Ask the Economist - Andrew Haughwout, SVP, Microeconomic Studies Department, Research and Statistics Group, Federal Reserve Bank of New York
- Five Minutes With - Amit Aggarwal, CTO, Auction.com
- Counsel's Corner - J. Paul Compton, General Counsel, U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development
You'll find all this and more inside the new issue of DS News magazine, available now. You can also explore our library of back issues, and be sure to check out our sister publication, MReport, as well, for stories focused on the lending and origination side of the industry.