Rhode Island-based Citizens Bank launched digital tools that aimed to make the home-buying experience seamless and efficient. The new Your Home Rewards from Citizens Bank program, digital loan platform and Citizens One loan servicing mobile app collectively bring new capabilities to bear at each step of the home buying journey, from house hunting to loan repayment.
“Buying a home is one of life’s biggest financial and personal decisions, and it can also be one of the most stressful,” said Eric Schuppenhauer, President of Home Mortgage at Citizens Bank. “Creating a digital experience that simplifies the home buying process enables us to alleviate some of its most challenging aspects so our customers can focus on what matters most – finding a place to call home.”
Creating more choice for customers as they determine the “when, where and how” that best meets their needs, the suite of solutions allows for a digital or blended human-digital experience. Elements of the solutions suite comprise:
- Your Home Rewards, an online home shopping portal, which allows customers to browse home listings across the country and matches them with a local real estate agent, integrating shopping for a home and applying for a home mortgage for a more streamlined buying experience. Qualifying customers can earn up to $6,500 in rewards.
- The digital mortgage application platform, which brings speed and flexibility to the application process by a collaborative online portal that provides:
- Web-based document collection and validation of asset, income and tax data through secure sign-on;
- A responsive checklist and task reminders to keep you organized and on track;
- Real-time co-browsing with your loan officer to assist with filling out the application.
- The Citizens One mobile app, available on iOS and Android devices, which makes managing your loan and understanding the value of your home more convenient and accessible. Through the app customers can:
- Manage their mortgage loans by making payments, calculating equity impact, and viewing loan statements and tax and insurance information.
- Stay up-to-date on their area with access to neighborhood data, price trends, school statistics and listing alerts.
The digital mortgage loan platform, mobile mortgage servicing app and the Your Home Reward program were launched in partnership with Blend, Black Knight and HomeStory Real Estate Services (Vast), respectively.