Ocwen Financial has announced a partnership with several communities and non-profits in order to reach out to assist borrowers who are in need of mortgage assistance and keep them in their homes.
The Atlanta-based servicer's outreach, which is scheduled to take place in 10 cities across California, New York, Illinois, Wisconsin, and Florida, is part of Ocwen's continued effort to partner with community leaders and non-profit housing organizations to provide solutions to struggling homeowners.
"Hardworking homeowners in many neighborhoods across the nation still feel the effects of the 2008 housing crisis," said Jill Showell, SVP of Government and Community Relations at Ocwen. "By partnering with respected leaders and organizations within these communities, we aim to bring trusted advice to borrowers to help maintain the dream of owning a home."
Ocwen's home retention agents will be present at the upcoming events to offer free face-to-face individualized advice to help struggling homeowners find the right mortgage solution, according to Ocwen. HUD-approved financial counselors will also be present and will be available for homeowners to meet with them one-on-one.
"Hardworking homeowners in many neighborhoods across the nation still feel the effects of the 2008 housing crisis."
Ocwen has scheduled the following events as part of the outreach effort this fall. Homeowners in these areas with Ocwen-serviced mortgage loans are invited to participate and receive information and assistance ranging from a Request for Mortgage Assistance package to information about state and local foreclosure prevention programs:
- Neighborhood Assistance Corporation of America (NACA), NACA American Dream Event, August 21-25, Ontario, Calfornia
- Neighborhood Housing Services of New York City, Making Home Affordable Event, August 21, Bronx, New York
- Bridge Street Development Corporation, Fresh Start Clinic Ocwen Event, August 22, Brooklyn, New York
- Spanish Coalition for Housing, August 22, Chicago, Illinois
- Urban League of Palm Beach County, Preserving Homeownership Clinic, August 22, Wellington, Florida
- Hope Now, Free Mortgage Help Event, August 27, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- NACA, NACA American Dream Event, August 28-September 1, Sacramento, California
- Real Estate, Education And Community Housing (REACH), Home Preservation Workshop, September 26, Miami, Florida
- National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP) New York State Conference, Help and Hope for Homeowners, September 26, Uniondale, New York
- OC Housing Opportunities Collaborative & the City of Irvine (Hardest Hit Fund), Free Keep Your Home California Workshop, October 3, Irvine, California
Ocwen has completed about 520,000 loan modifications nationwide to date, which include 290,000 modifications through the government's Home Affordable Modification Program (HAMP).