""Bank of America"":https://www.bankofamerica.com/ announced it has completed or approved nearly $30 billion in relief to more than 330,000 homeowners as of the end of 2012.
Examples of consumer relief provided by the Charlotte-based bank include:
* $7 billion in first-lien principal reduction, with 47,000 customers assisted
* $9.8 billion in home equity relief, with 144,000 customers receiving extinguishment or a modification on a home equity loan or line of credit
* $162 million for 23,500 borrowers who received enhanced relocation benefits after completing a short sale
* $11.8 billion in deficiencies waived on short sales
* 7,500 interest rate reductions, with average rate reductions of 2 percent
Settlement monitor Joseph A. Smith, Jr. released the full ""report"":https://www.mortgageoversight.com/reports/ongoing-implementation/ Thursday.