The latest print edition of DS News is here, and it's packed to the brim with insightful, exclusive content you need to stay abreast of the latest developments in mortgage and default servicing. Here's what you can look forward to in the latest edition of DS News magazine.
- "When Inventory Dries Up" by David Wharton
Insufficient inventory, soaring prices, and other factors are threatening to destabilize the housing boom. DS News spoke to economists and industry experts to learn what the default servicing industry should be doing to anticipate a potential downturn.
- "Tech Taking Center Stage" by Steve Comer
Technology is reshaping the servicing industry as we know it—with four technologies, in particular, are generating interest at industry conference.
- "Fortify Your Management Approach" by Jorge Ponce
When default management is divided between multiple vendors and relies heavily on human oversight, lenders remain vulnerable. However, today’s lenders have the impenetrable armor of data-driven, customizable algorithms to help them manage the default process, shielding them from potential hazards.
- "Last Line of Defense" by Kelly Conley
Claims management serves as the last line of defense before ultimate loan losses or gains are realized in connection with distressed assets. Thus, perfecting a claims-management strategy is critical to minimizing losses and maximizing gains.
- Ask the Economist - Sam Khater, VP and Chief Economist, Freddie Mac
- Five Minutes With - Jill Cadwell, SVP of Title Operations, ValuAmerica
- Counsel's Corner - Dan Young, Partner, Schiller, Knapp, Lefkowitz, & Hertzel, LLP
You'll find all this and more inside the latest issue of DS News magazine, available now. You can read the issue in its entirety on our digital archive, or explore our library of back issues. Be sure to check out our sister publication, MReport, as well, for stories focused on the lending and origination side of the industry.