On Monday, BuildFax will release its July Monthly Housing Health Report. This report utilizes "U.S property condition and history data to provide insights into macro and microeconomics trends affecting the U.S. housing market."
For June, BuildFax reported that single-family housing authorizations experience the steepest year
-over-year decline in at least five years. BuildFax also noted that
- Existing housing supply remained relatively flat as the number of construction jobs increased.
- Maintenance volumes increased 0.22% year-over-year
- Maintenance and remodel spend declined 11.93% and 5.92% year-over-year, respectively.
- As the housing industry learns to adjust to new norms, activity may stabilize in the fall.
Here's what else is on the calendar for The Week Ahead:
- Tuesday, August 18 - New Residential Construction Report, Census Bureau
- Thursday, August 20 - Unemployment Insurance Weekly Claims Report, Department of Labor
- Friday, August 21 - National Association of Realtors Existing-Home Sales Report