The latest installment of the S&P CoreLogic Case-Shiller Home Price Index will be released on Tuesday, January 29. The S&P CoreLogic Case-Shiller Home Price Indices measures U.S. residential real estate prices and tracks changes in the value of residential real estate both nationally as well as in 20 metropolitan regions.
The December 2018 Index, covering all nine U.S. census divisions, reported a 5.5 percent annual gain in October, remaining the same from the previous month. The 10-city composite annual increase came in at 4.7 percent, down from 4.9 percent in the previous month. The 20-city composite posted a 5.0 percent year-over-year gain, down from 5.2 percent in the previous month.
Here’s what else is happening in the week ahead:
- AEI Housing Market Indicators Briefing, Monday, 11 a.m. EST
- First American Real House Price Index, Monday 10 a.m. EST
- Census Bureau Housing Vacancies and Homeownership report, Tuesday, 9 a.m. EST
- MBA Mortgage Applications, Wednesday, 7:00 AM ET
- NAR Pending Home Sales Index, Wednesday, 10:00 AM ET
- Fed Balance Sheet, Thursday, 4:30 PM ET
- Freddie Mac Primary Mortgage Market Survey, Thursday 10 a.m. EST
- FOMC Meeting Announcement, Wednesday, 2:00 PM ET